It was Stephen's idea
ScottW
2023-11-19 18:21:18 UTC
Police have rights that ordinary citizens do not.

So...the Holton County Township Board passed
The Militia Public Security Act.

Legal residents of the township are eligible to join the militia and may make their intentions known by acknowledging their intent on social media or stating their intent by letter to the Township Militia. Restrictions include:

Candidates must be over the age of 18.

Candidates must pass a federal firearms background check.

Militia members must provide their own firearms, adhering to all federal, executive, county, and state regulations.

According to the addendum, long guns with stocks that hit the shoulder, including semi-automatic rifles and shotguns, must have been legal by federal law since March 27, 2021.

Pistols and handguns, including semi-automatics, are required to have been legal by federal law since March 27, 2021, as well.

Any caliber ammunition determined legal by federal standards since March 27, 2021, is acceptable. The same date and legal determinations also apply to stocks, grips, optics, magazines, clips, suppressors, and body armor.

It's a great idea and I give credit where credit is due.

ScottW
mINE109
2023-11-20 15:02:48 UTC
Post by ScottW
Police have rights that ordinary citizens do not.
So...the Holton County Township Board passed
The Militia Public Security Act.
<snip>
Post by ScottW
It's a great idea and I give credit where credit is due.
So great it's been tried many times over the years. 2022:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/tennessee-bill-designate-gun-owners-law-enforcement/story?id=82757071

2020:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/sheriff-vows-to-deputize-gun-owners-to-protect-citizens-from-rioters/

2019: