A ray of truth in your dim dark worlds
ScottW
2024-01-07 19:27:53 UTC
Attempting to have a civil, intelligence debate with a leftist is not dissimilar to trying to nail Jell-O to the wall. Try as you might, they both slip away.

Need an attribute?

ScottW
mINE109
2024-01-07 20:14:36 UTC
Post by ScottW
Attempting to have a civil, intelligence debate with a leftist is not dissimilar to trying to nail Jell-O to the wall. Try as you might, they both slip away.
Need an attribute?
If you're talking about the Hunger Games, that's "a tribute." The
linguistic process involved is called "rebracketing."

Perhaps you meant "cite" or an "attribution" which is a different thing
altogether. Canadians explain it this way:

https://opentextbc.ca/selfpublishguide/chapter/citation-vs-attribution/
Fascist Flea
2024-01-07 20:15:41 UTC
<grrr...>
Post by ScottW
Attempting to have a civil, intelligence debate
Need an attribute?
On the one paw, this thought is sort of well-formed, so my first guess
is that Witless the Coward is ashamed of the source.

On the other, "intelligence debate" is a small helping of word salad,
which suggests our idiot mutt tried to disguise the source with a
clumsy paraphrase.

In either case, it's nothing but angry drool from RAO's resident inarticulate boob.
mINE109
2024-01-07 20:43:15 UTC
Post by Fascist Flea
<grrr...>
Post by ScottW
Attempting to have a civil, intelligence debate
Need an attribute?
On the one paw, this thought is sort of well-formed, so my first guess
is that Witless the Coward is ashamed of the source.
On the other, "intelligence debate" is a small helping of word salad,
which suggests our idiot mutt tried to disguise the source with a
clumsy paraphrase.
In either case, it's nothing but angry drool from RAO's resident inarticulate boob.
The idiom of "nailing Jell-o to the wall" means an impossible task, not
slinking away. It's linked to two presidents: Teddy Roosevelt, who
compared nailing jelly to a Columbian agreement with Panama; and
Clinton, who referred to controlling the internet.

Who is he talking about who has slunk? Doing so would be another idiom,
"empty chairing" or "empty chair debating."