NAT: Oil keeps creeping up
ScottW
2009-03-23 18:46:40 UTC
http://www.reuters.com/article/hotStocksNews/idUSTRE5210GO20090323

"Oil jumped more than $1 to above $53 a barrel on Monday, "

"U.S. crude oil has climbed from below $33 last December,"

Looks like Obama can do one thing effectively, raise gas prices. At
this rate we'll be right back at his target of over $4 a gal by the
end of his first term.

Can we start drilling now? Put some of those people back to work.

http://www.businessinsider.com/oil-and-gas-exploration-are-being-decimated-2009-3

"Oil and gas exploration in the nation have all but dried up, says the
New York Times. Thanks to our lack of an intelligent energy policy,
this was inevitable. And it's also priming the pump for the next
commodity-price super-spike."

ScottW
MiNe 109
2009-03-23 19:43:53 UTC
In article
Post by ScottW
http://www.reuters.com/article/hotStocksNews/idUSTRE5210GO20090323
"Oil jumped more than $1 to above $53 a barrel on Monday, "
"U.S. crude oil has climbed from below $33 last December,"
Looks like Obama can do one thing effectively, raise gas prices. At
this rate we'll be right back at his target of over $4 a gal by the
end of his first term.
Can we start drilling now? Put some of those people back to work.
http://www.businessinsider.com/oil-and-gas-exploration-are-being-decimated-200
9-3
"Oil and gas exploration in the nation have all but dried up, says the
New York Times. Thanks to our lack of an intelligent energy policy,
this was inevitable. And it's also priming the pump for the next
commodity-price super-spike."
When the dollar goes down, oil goes up.

Stephen
ScottW2
2009-03-23 20:15:41 UTC
Post by MiNe 109
In article
Post by ScottW
http://www.reuters.com/article/hotStocksNews/idUSTRE5210GO20090323
"Oil jumped more than $1 to above $53 a barrel on Monday, "
"U.S. crude oil has climbed from below $33 last December,"
Looks like Obama can do one thing effectively, raise gas prices.  At
this rate we'll be right back at his target of over $4 a gal by the
end of his first term.
Can we start drilling now?  Put some of those people back to work.
http://www.businessinsider.com/oil-and-gas-exploration-are-being-deci...
9-3
"Oil and gas exploration in the nation have all but dried up, says the
New York Times.  Thanks to our lack of an intelligent energy policy,
this was inevitable.  And it's also priming the pump for the next
commodity-price super-spike."
When the dollar goes down, oil goes up.
True, and when supplies are short, oil goes up.

Now explain it to George. He seems to think it's all just magically
done by commodity traders.

ScottW
MiNe 109
2009-03-23 20:19:35 UTC
In article
Post by ScottW2
Post by MiNe 109
In article
Post by ScottW
[...]
You think it's done by Obama.

Stephen
ScottW2
2009-03-23 20:31:59 UTC
Post by MiNe 109
In article
Post by MiNe 109
In article
Post by ScottW
[...]
He's already put domestic oil drilling on hold and substantially
weakened the dollar
in his first days in office.

Maybe by the end of his term you'll be able to afford one of these.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message486762/pg1

Or maybe not.

ScottW
M***@yahoo.com
2009-03-23 21:26:55 UTC
Post by MiNe 109
In article
Post by MiNe 109
In article
Post by ScottW
[...]
the weakened dollar has ti do with the relative economic hurting
the world is feeling. Europe is iin worse shape than we are.
As things got worse overall in the owrld, the dollar rose.
Now that there is a glimmer of hope, the dollar weakens.
I don't get it, you seeem to want
the economy to fail. as you bemoan losing
the very few advantages of a failing economy
ScottW2
2009-03-24 16:28:39 UTC
Post by M***@yahoo.com
Post by MiNe 109
In article
Post by MiNe 109
In article
Post by ScottW
[...]
The dollar was weak (and oil was $150) before the economy
went to shit. That was the beginning of the collapse.
Post by M***@yahoo.com
Europe is iin worse shape than we are.
As things got worse overall in the owrld, the dollar rose.
Now that there is a glimmer of hope, the dollar weakens.
Exactly. The weakness of the Euro is sustaining the dollar
as Obama floods the banks with cash. That won't last as the world
economy cycles into recovery. A weakened dollar will eventually
impact our recovery.
Post by M***@yahoo.com
I don't get it,
That's obvious.
Post by M***@yahoo.com
you seeem to want
the economy to fail. as you bemoan losing
the very few advantages of a failing economy
What I want is Obama to enact policies that won't strangle the
recovering economy with skyrocketing energy costs.
His current energy plan will throttle recovery.

ScottW
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!
2009-03-24 18:33:39 UTC
Post by ScottW2
Post by M***@yahoo.com
 He's already put domestic oil drilling on hold and substantially
weakened the dollar
in his first days in office.
the weakened dollar has ti do with the relative economic hurting
the world is feeling.
The dollar was weak (and oil was $150) before the economy
went to shit.  That was the beginning of the collapse.
What caused $150-per-barrel oil, 2pid?
Post by ScottW2
Post by M***@yahoo.com
Europe is iin worse shape than we are.
As things got worse overall in the owrld, the dollar rose.
Now that there is a glimmer of hope, the dollar weakens.
Exactly.   The weakness of the Euro is sustaining the dollar
as Obama floods the banks with cash.  That won't last as the world
economy cycles into recovery.  A weakened dollar will eventually
impact our recovery.
LoL.
Post by ScottW2
Post by M***@yahoo.com
I don't get it,
 That's obvious.
LoL.
Post by ScottW2
Post by M***@yahoo.com
you seeem to want
the economy to fail. as you bemoan losing
the very few advantages of a failing economy
What I want is Obama to enact policies that won't strangle the
recovering economy with skyrocketing energy costs.
His current energy plan will throttle recovery.
Like drilling in the ANWR I suppose.

Imbecile. LoL.
George M. Middius
2009-03-24 19:13:54 UTC
Post by Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!
Post by ScottW2
The dollar was weak (and oil was $150) before the economy
went to shit.  That was the beginning of the collapse.
What caused $150-per-barrel oil, 2pid?
The proximate cause was speculating by commodities traders. Scottie
cannot admit that's true, however, because he's already dug in against
it. Whatever indications and readings caused the traders to bid up oil
futures are the only part of the process Witless can grasp.

--

"It is you who are completely unaware of what I perceive until
I choose to tell you. I rarely do."
-- Scottie Witlessmongrel, RAO, Feb. 3 2009
MiNe 109
2009-03-23 21:31:03 UTC
In article
Post by ScottW2
Post by MiNe 109
In article
Post by MiNe 109
.
9-3
"Oil and gas exploration in the nation have all but dried up, says the
New York Times.  Thanks to our lack of an intelligent energy policy,
this was inevitable.  And it's also priming the pump for the next
commodity-price super-spike."
When the dollar goes down, oil goes up.
 True, and when supplies are short, oil goes up.
 Now explain it to George.  He seems to think it's all just magically
done by commodity traders.
You think it's done by Obama.
He's already put domestic oil drilling on hold and substantially
weakened the dollar in his first days in office.
You make my case.
Post by ScottW2
Maybe by the end of his term you'll be able to afford one of these.
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message486762/pg1
Change the subject.
Post by ScottW2
Or maybe not.
Gratuitous insult.

Stephen
ScottW2
2009-03-24 16:29:58 UTC
Post by MiNe 109
In article
Post by MiNe 109
In article
Post by MiNe 109
In article
Post by ScottW
[...]
Your case was it's done by Obama? LoL.

ScottW
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!
2009-03-24 18:28:11 UTC
Post by MiNe 109
In article
Post by MiNe 109
In article
Wow. Stupid even for you. LoL.
George M. Middius
2009-03-24 19:08:56 UTC
Post by MiNe 109
 He's already put domestic oil drilling on hold and substantially
weakened the dollar in his first days in office.
You make my case.
  Your case was it's done by Obama?  LoL.
Wow. Stupid even for you. LoL.
Here's how stupid Witless is in this thread: He thinks the commodities
traders influence demand rather than the reverse.

2pid am a mess.
MiNe 109
2009-03-24 19:01:38 UTC
In article
Post by ScottW2
Post by MiNe 109
In article
Post by MiNe 109
In article
Post by MiNe 109
In article
Post by ScottW
[...]
That you think it was done by Obama.

Stephen
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!
2009-03-23 21:56:32 UTC
Post by MiNe 109
Post by MiNe 109
When the dollar goes down, oil goes up.
 True, and when supplies are short, oil goes up.
 Now explain it to George.  He seems to think it's all just magically
done by commodity traders.
The markets improves. (BTW, 2pid, you're not giving Obama credit for
that. Using 2pidlogic I suppose that oil prices rise *because* of
Obama while the market rises *in spite* of him. LoL.)

"Crude-oil futures rallied more than 3% Monday to end above $53 a
barrel, pacing strong gains in U.S. stock markets, as the Treasury's
plans to relieve banks of toxic assets raised hopes of an economic
recovery and increased energy demand."

http://tiny.cc/1R4Df

Traders bet that means more energy will be used. They buy futures. The
price goes up. Opec reduces supplies. The price goes up.

We drill an ANWR. in 10-20 years that oil comes on line. The price
stays essentially the same.

If you want cheap oil you want continued recession. What a traitor.

And look what Obama did in his first month in office!

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a_wI86kBLkuY&refer=home
Post by MiNe 109
You think it's done by Obama.
 He's already put domestic oil drilling on hold and substantially
weakened the dollar
in his first days in office.
Let's take a look!

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=2483
 Maybe by the end of his term you'll be able to afford one of these.
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message486762/pg1
And maybe you can afford one of these!

http://www.photovault.com/show.php?cat=Health/Anatomy/Nervous?tg=HANVolume01/HANV01P05_17.2015
Or maybe not.
We can always hope.
M***@yahoo.com
2009-03-23 21:23:02 UTC
Post by ScottW
http://www.reuters.com/article/hotStocksNews/idUSTRE5210GO20090323
"Oil jumped more than $1 to above $53 a barrel on Monday, "
"U.S. crude oil has climbed from below $33 last December,"
Looks like Obama can do one thing effectively, raise gas prices.  At
this rate we'll be right back at his target of over $4 a gal by the
end of his first term.
Can we start drilling now?  Put some of those people back to work.
http://www.businessinsider.com/oil-and-gas-exploration-are-being-deci...
"Oil and gas exploration in the nation have all but dried up, says the
New York Times.  Thanks to our lack of an intelligent energy policy,
this was inevitable.  And it's also priming the pump for the next
commodity-price super-spike."
When the market tanked, and the economic forecast
was gloom and doom, oil prices plummetted.
Now that things look better, they are moving up.
I take it you want the demolished economy
that will cause lower oil prices.
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!
2009-03-24 01:35:48 UTC
Post by M***@yahoo.com
I take it you want the demolished economy
that will cause lower oil prices.
2pid doesn't know what he wants, but he does know that he doesn't want
what he has. Or else he wants more of what he doesn't have but doesn't
want you to have what you have. Or he wants less of what he has and
more of what you have.

Or something. Poor confused 2pid! LoL.
ScottW2
2009-03-24 16:33:58 UTC
Post by M***@yahoo.com
Post by ScottW
[...]
What is really looking better? Housing sales up a tic
on 50% foreclosure sales?
Employment...no.
GDP? .....no.

Chinese energy consumption continues to rise? Yes.
Post by M***@yahoo.com
I take it you want the demolished economy
that will cause lower oil prices.
Oil prices started the demolishment of the economy.
A recovering economy can and will be quickly squashed by skyrocketing
energy costs.
Quit being stuck in the present. There isn't a damn thing the
government can do about that.

ScottW
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!
2009-03-24 18:31:59 UTC
Post by M***@yahoo.com
Post by ScottW
[...]
Obama's fault, yes?
Employment...no.
You're still employed so we obviously haven't hit bottom yet. ;-)
GDP? .....no.
The markets have responded positively to the bailout plan, so game
over.
Chinese energy consumption continues to rise?  Yes.
Ah, I long for the good old days when only Americans could afford
things requiring energy to run.
Post by M***@yahoo.com
I take it you want the demolished economy
that will cause lower oil prices.
 Oil prices started the demolishment of the economy.
BZZZZZZT.
 A recovering economy can and will be quickly squashed by skyrocketing
energy costs.
And Obama has decimated domestic exploration, right? LoL. Imbecile.
Some of us can see a future that's not as angry as yours is, 2pid.
George M. Middius
2009-03-24 19:11:52 UTC
Post by Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!
Chinese energy consumption continues to rise?  Yes.
Ah, I long for the good old days when only Americans could afford
things requiring energy to run.
I'm sure Witless has been programmed to bay in agony about the Model T
(for Tata) rolling out in India. Not because a million more cars will
make life in the cities even worse, or because of the additional
greenhouse gas they'll emit. No, Scottie will bark his fool head off
because Americans will have to pay more for gasoline.

ScottW2
2009-03-24 19:26:09 UTC
Post by George M. Middius
Post by Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!
Chinese energy consumption continues to rise?  Yes.
Ah, I long for the good old days when only Americans could afford
things requiring energy to run.
I'm sure Witless has been programmed to bay in agony about the Model T
(for Tata) rolling out in India. Not because a million more cars will
make life in the cities even worse, or because of the additional
greenhouse gas they'll emit. No, Scottie will bark his fool head off
because Americans will have to pay more for gasoline.
I hope Americans forced to pay more for gasoline results in you
getting a lower cost of living increase from the government.

ScottW
ScottW2
2009-03-24 19:26:37 UTC
On Mar 24, 11:31 am, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
Post by M***@yahoo.com
Post by ScottW
[...]
GDP = One day Stock Rally? LoL.
Let me guess....you learned your economics in the Army?
Post by Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!
Chinese energy consumption continues to rise?  Yes.
Ah, I long for the good old days when only Americans could afford
things requiring energy to run.
Non-answer
Post by M***@yahoo.com
I take it you want the demolished economy
that will cause lower oil prices.
 Oil prices started the demolishment of the economy.
BZZZZZZT.
Non-answer.
Post by Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!
 A recovering economy can and will be quickly squashed by skyrocketing
energy costs.
And Obama has decimated domestic exploration, right? LoL. Imbecile.
He had an opportunity to stimulate it and he failed to do so and he
halted off-shore exploration.

http://blogs.wsj.com/environmentalcapital/2009/02/10/dont-drill-baby-interior-department-halts-offshore-drilling-push/
Post by Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!
Quit being stuck in the present.  There isn't a damn thing the
government can do about that.
Some of us can see a future that's not as angry as yours is, 2pid.
and some of you are sheeples.

Serious question...what's it like when a drunken karaoke slut wants to
know if that was Phil Collins?

ScottW
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!
2009-03-24 23:35:14 UTC
Post by ScottW2
GDP? .....no.
The markets have responded positively to the bailout plan, so game
over.
  GDP = One day Stock Rally?   LoL.
 Let me guess....you learned your economics in the Army?
LoL. No, I learned my sarcasm from smart, funny people.

It's not surprising that you missed it. ;-)
Post by ScottW2
Chinese energy consumption continues to rise?  Yes.
Ah, I long for the good old days when only Americans could afford
things requiring energy to run.
  Non-answer
You should be happy that the Chinese are starting to enjoy the
benefits that we have had for the last 100 years. That's why we
invaded Iraq, y'know.
Post by ScottW2
Post by M***@yahoo.com
I take it you want the demolished economy
that will cause lower oil prices.
 Oil prices started the demolishment of the economy.
BZZZZZZT.
 Non-answer.
To an incorrect statement. See how that works?
Post by ScottW2
 A recovering economy can and will be quickly squashed by skyrocketing
energy costs.
And Obama has decimated domestic exploration, right? LoL. Imbecile.
  He had an opportunity to stimulate it and he failed to do so and he
halted off-shore exploration.
http://blogs.wsj.com/environmentalcapital/2009/02/10/dont-drill-baby-...
How utterly fascinating. You want the free market in some places and
government intervention in others.

Rigs are shut down all over the world, 2pid, as a result of low oil
proces. Exploration is off for the same reason. Yet you want the US
"gov't" in general (and specifically Obama) to go against the market-
driven forces that make this so.

What a fool. You aren't even consistent in your own (stupid) views,
LOL!

http://www.wtrg.com/rotaryrigs.html
Post by ScottW2
Quit being stuck in the present.  There isn't a damn thing the
government can do about that.
Some of us can see a future that's not as angry as yours is, 2pid.
  and some of you are sheeples.
And your upholstery, 2pid.
Post by ScottW2
Serious question...what's it like when a drunken karaoke slut wants to
know if that was Phil Collins?
So what was the last book you read, 2pid? What did you 'think' about
it?

I'm not jealous of talent, 2pid. Why are you? LoL.
MiNe 109
2009-03-24 19:02:14 UTC
In article
Post by ScottW2
Oil prices started the demolishment of the economy.
Not the case.

Stephen
George M. Middius
2009-03-24 19:15:00 UTC
I didn't know it was your turn to take Scottie for walkies.
M***@yahoo.com
and then when the economy goes south, oil prices will decline again.
ScottW2
2009-03-24 20:40:29 UTC
Post by M***@yahoo.com
Post by M***@yahoo.com
I take it you want the demolished economy
that will cause lower oil prices.
 Oil prices started the demolishment of the economy.
wrong!
LoL. $4/gal gas and $5/gal diesel was not a problem IYO.
That was the pin that burst the real estate bubble.
Post by M***@yahoo.com
 A recovering economy can and will be quickly squashed by skyrocketing
energy costs.
Quit being stuck in the present.  There isn't a damn thing the
government can do about that.
and then when the economy goes south, oil prices will decline again.
Or we can take some control of our destiny and increase domestic
supply.
Meanwhile Obama hasn't done anything yet to meaningfully address our
energy problems. As I said previously, building a bunch of gov't
funded solar plants rather than capping carbon and forcing a big fat
energy tax on the economy would be easier on the unemployment numbers.

ScottW
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!
2009-03-24 23:47:49 UTC
Post by M***@yahoo.com
I take it you want the demolished economy
that will cause lower oil prices.
 Oil prices started the demolishment of the economy.
wrong!
   LoL.  $4/gal gas and $5/gal diesel was not a problem IYO.
  That was the pin that burst the real estate bubble.
LoL. The real estate bubble burst in 2006. LoL.

From April, 2006:

"The story went on to note that many formerly hot markets in
California, Arizona, Washington, D.C., and Florida are now
"languishing without buyers or even prospects. Many once-booming
markets are seeing double-digit declines in sales."

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/P149596.asp

"The United States housing bubble is an economic bubble affecting many
parts of the United States housing market, including areas of
California, Florida, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, Colorado, Michigan, the
Northeast Corridor, and the Southwest markets. At the national level,
housing prices peaked in early 2005, started to decline in 2006, and
may not yet have hit bottom."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_housing_bubble

Even the geeks at MIT noticed, albeit a little more slowly than MSN
(Tuesday, November 7, 2006):

"The striking contrast tells the tale of a housing bonanza turned
bust. Today, the number of unsold homes in the area has soared to
almost 46,000 from just a few thousand in early 2005. And builders are
pulling back as fast as they can.

They have little choice. Sales cancellations among big builders, not
just here but around the country, are running as high as 40 percent,
double the rate a year ago."

http://tech.mit.edu/V126/N52/long3.html

See, 2pid? You make really dumb claims, offer no backup to them, and
then "chirp" when people don't bother to respond to what is very
common knowledge among smarter people (meaning virtually everybody
else).

Now when was gas four dollars per gallon? Oh yes. The summer of 2008,
fully two years after the real estate bubble burst.

You're in a time warp, 2pid! Look for the nearest exit!

What a fucking moron. LOL!